Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an! (Suning Plaza)

GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an Suning Plaza Huaihai Xi Road China

GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an Suning Plaza Huaihai Xi Road China

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an! (Suning Plaza)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the, uh, Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an! (Suning Plaza) experience. And lemme tell you, it's a whole thing. We're talking accessibility, cleanliness, food – the works. So, grab your tea (or your whiskey, no judgment here) and let's get this show on the road!

First Impressions & Accessibility - The Gatekeeper of a Good Trip!

Okay, straight up: Accessibility. That's key. GreenTree, how's it look? Did they think of everyone? Unfortunately, my review can't be fully comprehensive when it comes to wheelchair accessibility as I don't use a wheelchair. BUT, they do list "Facilities for disabled guests" – a glimmer of hope! Hopefully, that means ramps, elevators, and accessible rooms, but I can't personally testify to how well they're implemented. Definitely check their website or call ahead if you're dependent on any specific features. Check their website for specifics of their accessibility features, because that's a HUGE deal, friends. Beyond that, I saw an elevator – a good sign!

You know, the exterior corridors can be a little weird, you know, I'm just saying you might be more exposed to the elements than you expect.

Staying Safe – Did They Wipe Down the Handle?

Alright, COVID era, let's talk cleanliness and safety. Deep breaths, people. This is where the rubber meets the road. They advertise Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, and even that lovely Room sanitization opt-out available option. Sounds good on paper, right? I'll be honest, seeing the phrase "Professional-grade sanitizing services" always makes me feel a bit… uneasy. Like, what is "professional-grade"? Is it just… extra bleach? But hey, the fact that they are advertising it is a good start. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Great! And they mention Staff trained in safety protocol. Okay, okay, I'm starting to calm down. And with the Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, they've got some of the basics covered, so now I can breathe easy.

The Sensory Overload: Rooms, Glorious Rooms!

Now, the rooms! This is where things get interesting. They offer everything under the sun. Let's dive in.

In-Room Essentials galore Look at this list - Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathtub, Bathrobes (YES!), Blackout curtains (HEAVEN!), Coffee/tea maker, Hair dryer. All the good stuff. I am a sucker for a bathtub. Especially after a long day of traveling and maybe doing some shopping… which reminds me…

Getting Around & the Amenities: This is where the hotel really shined for me. Car park [free of charge]? HELL YEAH! Car park [on-site]? Even better. I'm one of those people who gets irked by paying extra for parking, so this was a total win. They had taxi service and Airport transfer (score!). Valet parking? Okay, fancy! But seriously, car parking is huge.

The Internet Abyss - Or, Can I FaceTime My Grandma?

Okay, let's be real: Internet. It's a necessity. They have Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Wahoo! And Internet [LAN] too, for those of us who are old school. So, good on them, they offer multiple internet access.

  • Internet access – wireless YES!
  • Internet access – LAN - I mean, it's 2024, but alright.
  • Wi-Fi for special events - Okay, fine, I guess they are actually covering all bases.

The Food Frenzy: Asian Delights and Beyond!

Get ready for a food coma, folks. This hotel is a buffet of options (pun intended, I'm a sucker for puns)!

  • Asian breakfast - A MUST!
  • Asian cuisine in restaurant - Another must!
  • Western breakfast - Fine, I guess.
  • Western cuisine in restaurant - Well, at least they're catering to everyone.
  • Coffee shop. Score!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking So here is the REAL deal. Let's break this bad boy down.

  • A la carte in restaurant - Good. Like the flexibility.
  • Alternative meal arrangement - Very thoughtful.
  • Bar - Yes, please!
  • Bottle of water - Free? I hope so.
  • Breakfast [buffet]. Oh, I love a buffet - the food, the choices.
  • Breakfast service. Nice!
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant - I like this.
  • Desserts in restaurant - YES! Now we're talking.
  • Happy hour - Time to celebrate!
  • Poolside bar - I mean, that's pretty awesome.
  • Restaurants - Multiple!
  • Salad in restaurant - Ok.
  • Snack bar - Okay, I'll take a snack.
  • Soup in restaurant - I'm in the soup mood tonight!
  • Vegetarian restaurant - Wonderful.

Relaxation Station – More Like Sensory OVERLOAD!

Okay, if you need to chill out, GreenTree's got you covered.

  • Body scrub and Body wrap: The whole bit! Sounds spa-tastic but I'm often wary of these type of treatments.
  • Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Gotta work off the buffet, right?
  • Foot bath: Yes! My feet ache after a long travel day.
  • Massage. Definitely.
  • Pool with view. SOLD!
  • Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom. More relaxation options? Sign me up (after I've had a foot bath, of course).
  • Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].

The "Unbelievable Luxury" Offer!

So, here's the deal: Listen closely. If you're looking for a hotel that is generally clean, with a lot of options for relaxation, that is great at the safety protocols, AND offers FREE WIFI (a must!) then the GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an! (Suning Plaza) is a great option!

Book Now and Get:

  • A complimentary welcome drink – toast to your travels!
  • Free upgrade to a Pool View Room – enjoy those stunning views!
  • 10% off for multiple night stays
  • Free parking!
  • Free Wifi in all rooms!

Important Disclaimer: I did not stay at this hotel and I compiled this review with the information provided. So, take my words as a guide, but check for recent reviews as well.

So, my friends, what are you waiting for? Book your stay at GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an! (Suning Plaza) and let the Unbelievable Luxury begin!

Iracema Travel: Unlock Brazil's Untamed Beauty!

Book Now

GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an Suning Plaza Huaihai Xi Road China

Okay, buckle up Buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is my potential train wreck, I mean, adventure, starting from the GreenTree Eastern Hotel in Huai'an, China. Let's see if I can survive this…

GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an Suning Plaza - The "Pre-Adventure" Phase (aka, Getting My Bearings and Avoiding Jet Lag - maybe)

  • Day 1: Arrival and Staring Blankly at the Lobby (and the Mystery Meat)

    • Time: Oh God, whenever the plane finally touches down. Probably around 3 PM? (Prayers up for minimal crying babies on the flight).
    • Action:
      • Landing in Huai'an. Try not to look too obviously like a tourist. Failing spectacularly, probably.
      • Negotiating (read: awkwardly gesturing and hoping) for a taxi to the GreenTree. Fingers crossed the driver understands "Suning Plaza"… and that I get the 'Eastern' part of the address correct! (The last "Eastern" I encountered was a hotel in Bangkok that made me question my life choices).
      • Check-in at the hotel. Smile sweetly, even if the person behind the counter might be judging my travel attire.
      • Unpack. Immediately and critically analyze the weirdness of the room. Is that a… cough… "artistic" interpretation of a swan on the bedspread? Right, deep breaths.
      • Important: Locate the nearest convenience store for snacks. I have a pre-existing condition: Hangry. Gotta head this off at the pass.
      • Dinner: Uh, food in the hotel? Maybe? I'm terrified to be honest. I've heard whispers of "local cuisine." Hopefully it's not just mystery meat and boiled… things. Send positive vibes. I need fuel.
      • Post-Dinner: Seriously contemplate my sanity. And the sheer absurdity of being this far from home. Stare at a map. Try to piece together a plan. Fail.
  • Day 2: Attempting to Conquer the Huai'an Breakfast (and the Language Barrier)

    • Time: Arise and shine (…maybe). Aiming for an early-ish start, but let's be honest, I'm gonna be seriously jet-lagged.
    • Action:
      • Breakfast at the hotel. Full of trepidation. Will I recognize anything? Will I make a complete fool of myself trying to point at something edible? Prepare for a comedy of errors.
      • The First "Adventure": Trying to figure out the local public transport. Bus? Taxi? (Pray for taxi). Aim: Visit the Huai'an Museum, the "old town"… and not get hopelessly lost. This involves a lot of pointing, mimicking, and probably holding up my phone trying to translate.
      • Huai'an Museum: Pretending to be cultured and soaking up the history… while secretly obsessing over the air conditioning. Hoping the museum is "cooler" than I am.
      • Lunch: Stumbling across a local eatery. More chaotic pointing, hoping for something I can stomach. Possibly end up with something delicious. Possibly end up with something… unexpected. (The "unexpected" is where the real fun begins, right?)
      • The "Old Town": Wandering the streets. Trying not to bump into anyone or make too much noise. Taking in the sights, sounds, and smells. Attempting to haggle for a souvenir (probably failing miserably). This is where my camera's gonna earn its keep. And where I'll probably get completely turned around.
      • Evening: Retreat back to the hotel. Collapse on bed. Order a pizza. (Or, you know, whatever is available). Netflix and chill, baby.
      • Rant about the cultural differences between the hotel and everything else.

The Middle Game: Embracing the Chaos

  • Day 3: Doubling Down - The Grand Canal Experience, the Most Impressive Thing I've Experienced (so far)

    • Time: Up early, no more moping around, it's time for action. (Also hoping the jet lag has mellowed)
    • Action:
      • The Grand Canal Adventure, Take Two: I'm talking the whole hog. This is it, this is my thing. Booking a boat trip along the local stretch of the Grand Canal because I feel like I've got to take advantage of my location here. Get all the local experience I can get, even if it kills me. This will involve chatting up the people on the boat, and I will NOT let the language barrier get in the way.
      • The Grand Canal Experience: I'm going to take a TON of photos. Probably some videos too, mostly of me trying to figure out how to get the camera to do what I want it to.
      • Food, Glorious Food (again!): I'll find a place, even if it's a hole in the wall, which it probably will be, to try the local food. I will. It'll be a learning experience. Mostly, I'll just eat whatever doesn't look like it's going to poison me.
      • The Return: As soon as I can find my way back to the hotel, I will go. Not because I'm not having a great time. But because some of these experiences can simply be exhausting!
      • The whole process of exploring will be more than I'm used to
  • Day 4: Temple Run (Literally, Maybe). Plus, the "Lost in Translation" Comedy Tour.

    • Time: Wake up. Stare at ceiling. Repeat.
    • Action:
      • Temple Time: Visiting a local temple. (Okay, maybe two). Attempting to maintain a respectful demeanor. Accidentally taking photos when you shouldn't? Possible. Getting confused by the rituals and customs? Guaranteed.
      • The "Lost in Translation" Olympics: Spending an hour trying to order a coffee. Asking for directions and getting thoroughly confused. Attempting to explain to a shopkeeper that I want… well, I'm not entirely sure what I want. Pure comedy gold.
      • Souvenir Shopping: Trying to find gifts for my loved ones. Getting hopelessly lost in the markets. Trying to haggle (again, probably failing).
      • Evening: Dinner at a restaurant I think I understand the menu for. Maybe. And a late-night stroll.

The Wrap-Up: Surviving (and Maybe Loving) It.

  • Day 5: Departure and Reflecting on the Glory (and Chaos)

    • Time: Ugh. Waking up early. The dreaded packing.
    • Action:
      • Final breakfast. Trying to remember everything I've experienced and to not let the last meal of the trip ruin everything.
      • Last-minute souvenir shopping. Trying to cram everything into my suitcase (probably bursting at the seams).
      • Check-out. Saying goodbye, if only to the swan painting.
      • Taxi to the airport/train station.
      • Departure. Reflecting on the trip. Promising myself I'll learn more Mandarin before my next adventure. (Spoiler alert: I probably won't).
      • On the Plane: Reliving the trip. Regretting not trying the weird-looking street food. Vowing to come back someday. Because, despite the chaos, despite the language barriers, despite the questionable hotel décor, you know what? I loved it.

Important Considerations:

  • The Language Barrier: Google Translate will be my best friend. My backup plan? Lots of pointing, miming, and sheer, unadulterated charm. (Or, you know, trying to look like I know what I'm doing. Often fails).
  • Food: I'm open to trying new things. But I also have a sensitive stomach. May God (and Pepto-Bismol) be with me.
  • Transport: Public transport is an option. Taxi is my preference. Pray for not getting ripped off.
  • Flexibility: This itinerary is more of a suggestion. Things will go wrong. Plans will change. Embrace the chaos and roll with it. It's all part of the adventure.

This is my (likely) messy, imperfect, hilarious, and hopefully amazing trip to Huai'an. Wish me luck! And try not to judge my sanity too much. You'll see plenty of it for yourself, once you've been there.

Escape to Paradise: El Pueblito EcoHostel, Argentina Awaits!

Book Now

GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an Suning Plaza Huaihai Xi Road China

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an! (Suning Plaza) - Yeah, Right. My Unfiltered Thoughts.

What exactly *is* "Unbelievable Luxury" supposed to mean at this place? Because I had some questions, starting with the lighting...

Okay, so "Unbelievable Luxury"... right. They really build it up, don't they? Honestly, I think their idea of "unbelievable" is that you can actually *find* a place to plug in your phone charger without moving the entire desk. The lighting situation? Don't even get me started. It's either blindingly bright like a doctor's office, or so dim you're convinced Dracula's moved in. I swear, I spent a good ten minutes the first night trying to decipher the welcome note. And honestly, the note? It just said "Welcome." Groundbreaking.

The Room… Tell me about the Room. You know, the real deal.

Okay, the room. Hmm. Well, my first impression was "It's a room." Not bad, not amazing, but… a room. It had a bed (thank goodness!), a TV (which I couldn't figure out how to turn on for the first hour), and a desk (see above: struggling with the charging situation). The "view" from my window? Let's just say it was more "brick wall" than "breathtaking vista." Honestly, I’ve seen better views from a public restroom. But… the bed. That bed was actually pretty decent. I slept like a log. Which, you know, after a long day of battling jet lag and language barriers, is a win.

What about the Bathroom? Because, let’s face it, bad hotel bathrooms are the stuff of nightmares.

Alright, the bathroom. My emotional levels are starting to rise or fall depending on your reaction. The bathroom… yeah. It was… functional. The shower, thank god after flying for 15 hours, had decent water pressure. The toiletries? Mini bottles of who-knows-what-kind-of-shampoo (generic, scented like "generic"). The cleanliness? Generally acceptable. I mean, I didn't find any *living* creatures. The toilet flushed. These are the small victories, people. It was not, however, the Instagram-worthy spa-like experience promised in the pictures. Not even close. It was a bathroom. I survived.

Breakfast. Please, the breakfast. Was it worth waking up for? Was it truly an experience?

Okay, breakfast. Prepare for some serious rambling. The breakfast... was… an experience. Let's just say it was a cultural immersion, alright? There was a wide array of… things. Some I recognized, some I didn't. The congee was, surprisingly, pretty good. The dumplings? Hit or miss (mostly miss). The instant coffee? Well, let’s be honest, it tasted like instant coffee. I did manage to find some toast and jam, which was a lifesaver. But the *real* highlight? Watching other guests navigate the buffet. The sheer dedication to filling plates. The strategic placement of food. It was a performance, a truly impressive one. Worth waking up for? Maybe. For the people-watching, absolutely. For the food? Probably not.

About the Location: Suning Plaza, right? What’s near and useful?

Suning Plaza? Um, yeah. Location. Right, okay. It *is* located in the Suning Plaza. Which means, well, you're near… Suning Plaza. And other stuff. I didn't do a ton of exploring, unfortunately. But there were shops and restaurants (mostly Chinese, which is what I *wanted*) around. Convenient for grabbing snacks and essentials, sure. I was really exhausted and didn't want to venture too far. If you're a serious shopper, a food enthusiast or a lover of walking long distances, you might be very excited! Which I wasn't.

What about the Staff? Friendly? Helpful? Or...?

The staff… Well, here's where it gets a little messy. The people at the front desk were… generally nice, though English wasn't their strongest suit (mine's not the greatest either, so maybe I can't judge!). There was a moment, though, where I needed help figuring out the TV remote (see above: the endless struggle). I got the feeling that they'd answered this question a *lot* of times. But they were patient and polite, despite the language barrier. The housekeeping staff? Always smiling, always efficient. They were the unsung heroes, honestly. They kept the room relatively clean. And that's a victory, in my book.

Okay, let's get down to the core: Would you actually recommend this place after your stay? Be brutally honest.

Okay, brutally honest? Let's do this. Would I *recommend* the GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an (at Suning Plaza)? Hmmm… It depends. If you’re looking for "Unbelievable Luxury” as advertised? Absolutely not. If you're looking for a clean, functional place to crash after a long day of sightseeing, maybe. For the price, it’s decent. The bed was comfortable. The staff was trying. But if you are looking for a life-changing experience? Keep looking. It was… adequate. Perfectly, wonderfully adequate. And sometimes, that's all you need. Would I stay there again, given the chance? Probably, if I *had* to. No, scratch that. Maybe. Okay, fine: *possibly*. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a stronger coffee.

And finally… any *one* specific moment that really stands out in your memory? Something that sums up the *experience*?

Oh, yeah. There's *one* moment. It's the one that truly, completely sums up the whole experience, for me. I spent probably 20 minutes trying to figure out the safe. I tried the instructions, the little diagrams, everything. Nothing. Then, completely frustrated, I went down to the front desk, where the person just smiled. *Smiled*. Without saying a word, they grabbed the safe key (which I hadn't even *seen*), opened the safe in three seconds, and handed me the key. No explanation, no apology, just… efficient safe-opening. It was the perfect metaphor for the hotel. Functional, efficient, and utterly perplexed by the complexities of providing "Unbelievable Luxury". It was the perfect, slightly-imperfect, GreenTree Eastern experience. And now that I am thinking about it… maybe that key was the true luxury after all. The silent, knowing key that unlocked the mystery of the safe and the depths of my hotel-induced cynicism. That, my friends, is entertainment.

Book For Rest

GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an Suning Plaza Huaihai Xi Road China

GreenTree Eastern Hotel Huai'an Suning Plaza Huaihai Xi Road China