Coron Bayside Bliss: Your Two-Season Paradise in the Philippines Awaits!

Two Seasons Coron Bayside Hotel Philippines

Two Seasons Coron Bayside Hotel Philippines

Coron Bayside Bliss: Your Two-Season Paradise in the Philippines Awaits!

Coron Bayside Bliss: My (Somewhat Chaotic) Review - Paradise Found (Maybe?)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Coron Bayside Bliss. They claim it's a "two-season paradise," which, honestly, sounds a bit ambitious, given the Philippines' tendency to just… be pretty much one season: hot. But listen, I'm here to tell you if it lives up to the hype, and trust me, I've got opinions. And a whole bunch of sunblock applied in the wrong places.

Getting There & Settling In (The Arrival Tango):

Accessibility: Alright, so, Accessibility-wise it's a bit of a mixed bag. The hotel itself seems relatively accessible, with an elevator and hopefully Facilities for disabled guests should be fairly good, I'd need a more in-depth look (And a chat with someone actually using a wheelchair) to give it a definitive thumbs up. Getting to Coron is the real challenge. The airport is tiny, and transfers – while they offer Airport transfer – can be a bit of a free-for-all. Just be prepared for some jeepney-esque adventures. Car park [free of charge] is a definite plus, so if you're renting a car, that's a win.

Check-in and Out: My experience? Smooth as a freshly-made halo-halo (more on that later). Contactless check-in/out is a definite plus in these post-pandemic times, and they offer both Check-in/out [express]. and Check-in/out [private] – score! Makes a huge difference after a long flight.

Rooms: The Good, The Bad, and the Bathtub (Oh, the Bathtub!):

Available in all rooms: Here's the lowdown on the room situation:

  • Air conditioning: Essential. We survived, barely.
  • Alarm clock: Didn't use it. Woke up to the roosters. (Yes, roosters. Charming, right?)
  • Bathrobes: Nice touch! Felt very fancy.
  • Bathroom phone: Seriously? Who needs a phone in the bathroom? (Unless you're calling for more room service, which I may have done.)
  • Bathtub: This deserves its own paragraph. Okay, it was a glorious, deep soaking tub. The water was hot. But let me tell you, trying to get out of it after a long day of island hopping is like attempting to escape a particularly clingy clam. Consider yourself warned.
  • Blackout curtains: Lifesaver! Sleep is precious, my friends.
  • Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea: Needed those caffeine boosts. Breakfast, and afternoon, all the time actually.
  • Desk, Laptop workspace: Useful for pretending to work when you're really just daydreaming about the beach.
  • Free bottled water: Hydration is key.
  • Hair dryer: Don't travel without it!
  • In-room safe box: Peace of mind.
  • Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free]: Praise the Wi-Fi gods! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Excellent. It was actually pretty reliable, considering we were in the middle of paradise.
  • Ironing facilities: I needed to iron ONE shirt. And it saved the day
  • Mini bar, Refrigerator: Perfect for chilling those San Miguel Lights. Essential.
  • Non-smoking: Good.
  • Satellite/cable channels: Never watched them. Who needs TV when you have THIS view.
  • Separate shower/bathtub: Again, the tub.
  • Soundproofing: Could have been better. Roosters.
  • Slippers: The little things, right?
  • Towels: Plenty of fluffy towels. Heaven.
  • Wake-up service: See "Alarm clock."
  • Window that opens: Breathe in that fresh island air. Also, potential rooster exposure.

The Rooms: were clean, generally comfortable, and the Air Conditioning was a necessity. Room decor was… functional. Nothing to write home about, but definitely not offensive. Non-smoking rooms is a must!

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Food, Glorious Food (and a Few Mishaps):

Restaurants: There are Restaurants, plural! A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant (at breakfast). Coffee/tea in restaurant, Poolside bar, Room service [24-hour], Snack bar. Ok, I tried everything.

  • Breakfast [buffet]: The buffet was pretty good. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast. A well-balanced selection. More fruit would have been nice but otherwise great.
  • Coffee shop: Decent coffee. Crucial.
  • Desserts in restaurant: OMG. Try the mango sticky rice. Seriously. Life-changing.
  • Happy hour: Yes. Several times. (Don't judge.)
  • Poolside bar: Great for a mid-afternoon cocktail (or two).
  • Room service: Quick and easy. And sometimes necessary when you're too lazy to leave your room.

The Good: The food they did well, they did really well. Fresh seafood, local specialties, and plenty of tropical fruit. The Bad: The service could be a bit hit-or-miss. They were always friendly, but sometimes a bit slow.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Pandemic Perspective (and My Hand-Sanitizer Addiction):

This is where Coron Bayside Bliss really shines. They take cleanliness EXTREMELY seriously. They had:

  • Anti-viral cleaning products.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas.
  • Hand sanitizer everywhere you looked (my personal happy place).
  • Hygiene certification.
  • Individually-wrapped food options.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter.
  • Professional-grade sanitizing services.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays.
  • Safe dining setup.
  • Sanitized kitchen and tableware items.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol.

I felt very safe. They took all the necessary precautions, and it made a huge difference to my peace of mind.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Island Life & the Pursuit of Bliss:

Things to do: You're in Coron…you know the drill. Island hopping tours are a MUST. Kayak at your own risk (the sun is STRONG). Explore at your own pace!

Ways to relax:

  • Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna – Treat yourself. You're on vacation, damn it! The massages were heavenly.
  • Sauna, Steamroom.

Internet Access: The Digital Detox Dilemma*:

Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free] Very good. I was pleasantly surprised. It meant I could keep up with the world (and post envy-inducing photos of the beach).

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things that Matter:

  • Concierge: Helpful!
  • Currency exchange: Useful.
  • Daily housekeeping: Excellent. Never had to lift a finger.
  • Doorman: Always a friendly face.
  • Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: Got sweaty from a long day – used the laundry service and was more than happy with the result!
  • Luggage storage: Easy.
  • Safety deposit boxes: Always good.

For the Kids:

  • Babysitting service
  • Family/child friendly
  • Kids facilities
  • Kids meal

While I didn't experience this firsthand, they seemed well-equipped for families.

Getting Around:

  • Airport transfer (as mentioned already).
  • Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site].

My Final Verdict (The Raw and Unfiltered Truth):

Coron Bayside Bliss? Not perfect, but seriously good. The rooms are comfortable, the food is generally delicious, the staff are lovely, and the cleanliness is top-notch. The location is great. And that bathtub…sigh. It's not quite "two-season paradise," but it's definitely a slice of heaven.

Why You Should Book Now:

Coron Bayside Bliss is offering a special package for a limited time! Indulge in a stress-free getaway with our complimentary airport transfers, daily breakfast, and a relaxing spa treatment for two. Enjoy our pristine swimming pool with a view, savor delicious meals at our restaurants, and explore the breathtaking landscapes of Coron. With our commitment to exceptional cleanliness and safety, your peace of mind is guaranteed. Book now and experience the paradise you deserve – limited availability, so don't miss out on your dream escape!

Billesley Manor: Your Fairytale Escape Awaits (UK Spa Getaway)

Book Now

Two Seasons Coron Bayside Hotel Philippines

Okay, strap in buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's sterile travel itinerary. We're going to Coron, baby! Specifically, we're going to Two Seasons Coron Bayside Hotel (fancy pants, I know). Prepare for the chaos, the sunburn, and the inevitable existential sighs. Here we go:

Coron Bayside Bonanza: A Messy, Marvelous Manifestation

Day 1: Arrival, Ahoy! And Agony (of Travel)

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up in Manila, already sweating from the pre-flight anxiety. Did I pack enough snacks? Did I remember my passport again? The answer is always, "probably not."
  • 9:00 AM: Airport chaos. I swear, the check-in line is longer than the Great Wall. Found a decent coffee, bless. Also, managed to spill half of it down myself - a classic pre-trip baptism. Don't tell me I'm the only one.
  • 11:00 AM: The flight! Finally. Try to enjoy the view (impossible, too busy trying to avoid touching the seatback pocket.) The flight attendants' smiles seem… strained. I get it.
  • 12:00 PM: Touchdown in Busuanga Airport! Finally. The air is thick and hot and smells like adventure… and possibly diesel fumes. Welcome to paradise, right?
  • 12:30 PM: Shuttle to Two Seasons. The van is… intimate, let's say. Crowded, bumpy, and the driver is blasting some upbeat, off-key Filipino pop. I love it already!
  • 1:30 PM: Check-in. Two Seasons is beautiful, actually. The lobby smells of frangipani and money. My room is gorgeous, ocean view! Feeling like royalty. Briefly, until…
  • 2:00 PM: Lunch at Two Seasons Restaurant. Food is… fine. The seafood is fresh, maybe a little overcooked. I'm starving, though, so I devour it anyway. Plus, the view is killer.
  • 3:00 PM: Nap time! Mandatory. The travel, the heat, the existential dread… it all requires a solid power nap.
  • 5:00 PM: Explore the hotel. Found the pool. It's… smallish. But who cares! Poolside cocktails are on the agenda.
  • 6:00 PM: Cocktails. Ordered a piña colada (duh). It's basically liquid sunshine. Feeling cautiously optimistic about this whole "vacation" thing. Also, someone just splashed me. Grrr, children.
  • 7:30 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Ordered the seafood platter. I have a feeling I'll be VERY well-acquainted with the bathroom over the next few days. But worth it.
  • 9:00 PM: Walk along the beach, stargazing. The stars are incredible. Feel a moment of pure, unadulterated peace. Briefly. Then started to think about all the emails I hadn't answered. Sigh.
  • 10:00 PM: Collapsed in the bed. Exhausted. Already considering moving here forever, despite the inevitable mosquito apocalypse.

Day 2: Island Hopping… and Internal Drama - More Rant

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up, despite my best efforts. Sun is already blasting. I can't see but I can feel. Ugh.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Buffet. Indulge! Pancakes, bacon, eggs. All the things my waistline will later regret. Fueling up for the day!
  • 9:00 AM: Boat tour! Island hopping! We're going to see the famous spots! Excitement level: cautiously high.
  • 9:30 AM: The boat. I hate boats. Mostly, I get seasick. Pretend to look thrilled.
  • 10:00 AM: Barracuda Lake. This is the spot. The pictures, the hype. It looks so inviting, so… warm. Jump into the water. It's… surreal. The layers of temperature, the feeling that you're swimming in a giant, gorgeous lava lamp. Amazing. Honestly, just wow. Don't want to leave.
  • 11:00 AM: Twin Lagoons. More swimming! More beauty! I'm starting to think I'm actually happy right now. Am I even real?
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch on the beach. Grilled fish, rice, and more. Sun feels intensely glorious. The waves are so relaxing, I can feel my stress melting away. For a moment, it's perfect. Then I think about work and I'm back to level 1 of anxious.
  • 1:00 PM: Swimming at Siete Pecados Marine Park. Snorkeling time! The water is crystal clear, and the fish are bright and colorful. I look down and nearly choke - a small, grumpy-looking turtle! I'm a goddamn mermaid.
  • 2:30 PM: Kayangan Lake. Even more famous. Hike up a hill for the view. The climb. The sweat. The breathing. The reward? Unbelievable. The photos don't do it justice. I'm trying to stay in the beautiful moment.
  • 4:00 PM: Snack time. This is starting to be a problem. Eating and swimming all day. What happened to healthy diets?
  • 5:00 PM: The sunset. Back on the boat, heading back to the hotel. The sky is on FIRE. I feel a pang of bittersweet sadness as the day is ending.

Day 3: Culture, Conundrums, and the Quest for the Perfect Mango

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. More buffet. I'm starting to recognize the staff. We have the same morning routine now.
  • 9:00 AM: Town visit! Coron Town. Time to deal with the reality of the Philippines. Walking around, taking in the sights. And, um… the smells. They're… vibrant.
  • 10:00 AM: Trying to find this legendary mango shake. Heard it's life-changing. The quest is on.
  • 11:00 AM: Found place with a mango shake. It's good. But… it's not life-changing. Maybe my expectations were too high.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a local eatery. Chicken adobo. Pork adobo. Rice. More rice. I'm in a food coma, questioning all my life choices.
  • 1:00 PM: Deciding whether to do the Mt. Tapyas hike. It's supposed to be gorgeous, especially at sunset. The heat, though… is making me question my life choices again.
  • 1:30 PM: Okay FINE. Hike. I'm a masochist.
  • 2:00 PM: The hike. It is… a climb. Up. Up. Up. So many stairs. I'm sweating like a pig. My thighs are on fire. I pass a group of people who are practically skipping. How?!?
  • 3:00 PM: Made it. Wow. Amazing. Stunning. See the sunset. I am not a great photographer.
  • 4:00 PM: Trying to get a tricycle ride back to the hotel. The driver quoted me prices that were criminal. Ended up paying way too much and felt ripped off.
  • 5:00 PM: Shower. The shower is my new best friend.
  • 6:30 PM: Dinner at the hotel. Trying to eat healthy. Failure.
  • 7:30 PM: Back to the beach to have an evening walk. Seeing the stars again. It's peaceful.
  • 8:30 PM: Packing. The dreaded moment.
  • 9:00 PM: Sleep.

Day 4: Farewell & Final Thoughts

  • 7:00 AM: Last breakfast. More buffet. Still.
  • 8:00 AM: Check out. Sadness.
  • 9:00 AM: Go to the airport and ready to go home - oh wait, delayed flight, again.
  • 10:00 AM: Get home. Miss the chaos of Coron already.
  • After: Coron - you were a mess, you were beautiful, and you were exactly what I needed. Until next time, you glorious, sweaty, mango-shake-filled paradise.
Indonesian Paradise: Your Romantic Garden Getaway (PZ39)

Book Now

Two Seasons Coron Bayside Hotel Philippines

Coron Bayside Bliss: Your Two-Season Paradise - FAQ (Because Let's Be Real, We Have Questions!)

Okay, spill the beans! Is Coron Bayside Bliss REALLY as good as it looks in those Instagram photos?

Alright, fine, let's get down to brass tacks. Instagram? That's the slightly-enhanced version, honey. But... yes. Mostly yes. Look, I went there with HIGH expectations. I'd seen the pictures of the crystal-clear water, the perfectly manicured beachfront, the ridiculously photogenic sunsets... I was braced for disappointment. And yeah, sometimes you *do* get a slightly less vibrant sunset (damn those clouds!). But the water? The water is legitimately breathtaking. Like, you might find yourself just staring at it, mouth agape level of breathtaking. It's a different kind of "good," a visceral "I could live here" kind of feeling. Expect some imperfections though, like maybe you'll hear the rooster next door at 5 am. That's just island life, baby!

What's the best time to visit Coron Bayside Bliss? And by "best," I mean, "least likely to be rained on and swarmed by tourists?"

Ugh, the eternal question. Let's just say, ideal weather is "dry season" – November to May. But even then, Mother Nature can be a fickle mistress. I went in… oh, mid-March maybe? Sunny skies, not a single drop of rain, but boy oh boy, it did get hot. I’m talking, "melt-your-eyelashes-off-while-you're-snorkelling" kind of hot. So bring the SPF 50 (and reapply, trust me!). And *everyone* goes then, so expect crowds, particularly at the big-name spots like Kayangan Lake and Twin Lagoon. Look, I tried to avoid it – I really did. But those places are famous for a reason! So maybe go early in the morning, beat the tour groups… or embrace the chaos, it is vacation after all!

How do I get to Coron Bayside Bliss, and is it a nightmare?

Okay, here’s the deal. You *fly* to Busuanga Airport (USU). That part is usually pretty smooth. Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, they all do it. The *real* adventure begins when you land. Getting to your accommodation can be a bit… chaotic. Expect to haggle with tricycle drivers (they'll try to charge you tourist prices – stand your ground!). Or you can arrange a pick-up with the resort. My advice? Arrange the transfer. It saves you the hassle after a long flight. Trust me, all you will want to do is drop your bags and sit on the beach. Speaking from experience!

What's the vibe at Coron Bayside Bliss? Is it a party place, a romantic getaway, or a family-friendly zone?

Hmm, let's say it's… versatile. Coron itself is a bit of a mix. There are bars, but it's not exactly Ibiza. It's more… laid-back island life. Bayside Bliss? It struck me as leaning towards romantic and relaxed. Couples, solo travelers, a few families sprinkled in. I saw one screaming tyke one morning, and was reminded how grateful I am for not having kids! But it’s definitely *not* a place for wild nights out. Think sunset cocktails, intimate dinners, and the gentle lapping of waves. If you're looking to rage, go somewhere else. If you want to chill and recharge… you've found the place.

The food! I NEED to know about the food! Is the fish fresh? Are there any good vegetarian options? And, most importantly, where do I get the best mango shake?

Oh, the food. This is a big one. Yes, the fish is fresh (or, at least, it *should* be!). I mean, you're on an island! I ate so much grilled fish, I probably grew gills. Vegetarian options? They exist, but they're… let's say they vary. You'll get your veggie curries and stuff. But don't expect a Michelin-star experience. Some places offer pasta, pizza, etc. but again, this isn't culinary capital. My advice? Embrace the local cuisine! Try the sisig (if you eat meat, of course), the adobo, and the seafood. The best mango shake? Okay, *this* is a matter of personal preference. I have a specific memory of one in town, somewhere by the pier, but I'll probably have to dig through my photos to find out where that was! You have to be willing to explore & try different places. It is definitely a culinary adventure, that's for sure. And the mango shakes? Divine. Just… divine.

What can I actually DO in Coron? Besides existing in paradise, I mean.

Oh honey, the list is long! Snorkeling, diving, island hopping (the BEST thing!), kayaking, hiking (did I mention the hot & humid thing? Bring water!), and exploring shipwrecks. I mean, seriously, the shipwrecks are *amazing*. There are so many to choose from, I could write a book just on those. I dove once. It was something to behold. The water is so clear; you can actually see everything. Kayangan Lake and Barracuda Lake are must-sees, though again, expect crowds, especially at Kayangan. I did it on a tour. I’d recommend it, mostly because you get to see everything without having to arrange it all. But even then, you have to be prepared to share the view. If you're lucky, you might even see a turtle. I didn't. But plenty of other people did. I focused on the snorkeling instead. And the sunsets. Oh, those sunsets… they were worth the trip alone.

Any tips for saving money? This trip is starting to sound expensive!

Okay, let’s talk budget. Coron CAN be expensive. So here's the deal. Tricycle rides – haggle! Food – eat at the local *carinderias* (small, affordable eateries). They're delicious! Avoid the fancy restaurants every night. Consider staying a little bit further out from the main town. Tours – shop around. The prices can vary wildly. I suggest a multi-day tour that combines island-hopping with snorkelling/diving. It can save some money, and at the end of the day, it makes the most of your time. And, bring your own snacks and drinks! The convenience store prices are… well, let’s just say they’re geared towards tourists. And pack light! Baggage fees are a real pain. Look, it’s worth it, though. It really is.

Cozy Stay Spot

Two Seasons Coron Bayside Hotel Philippines

Two Seasons Coron Bayside Hotel Philippines