Escape to Paradise: Hotel Malon Belgium Awaits!

Hotel Malon Belgium

Hotel Malon Belgium

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Malon Belgium Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Malon Belgium Awaits! (A Review That's a Mess, But Honest)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling, unpredictable waters of my experience at Escape to Paradise: Hotel Malon Belgium Awaits! And let me tell you, it was a ride. This isn't your cookie-cutter, perfectly polished hotel review. This is the real deal, warts and all, with all the glorious imperfections that make life (and travel) interesting.

First Impressions: The Accessibility Angle (and My Blunder)

Right off the bat, let's get to the nitty-gritty: Accessibility. They say they're hotel name is Wheelchair accessible, which is fantastic news. The Elevator is a major plus. And yes, the facilities for disabled guests are listed, too, which is a good start. I always appreciate that. BUT… I'm a total idiot. I booked this place thinking I had a completely flat itinerary (I'm not in a wheelchair, but I could be, and that's why I care). Turns out, my meticulously planned day trip to the nearby… well, let's just say a charming hill-top village… was a total bust. My fault entirely. I hadn't factored in… geography. So, lesson learned: Always double-check the location's accessibility outside the hotel, too! So I'm walking the cobblestones.

Inside the Walls: Where the Magic (and the Minor Annoyances) Begin

Okay, let's move inside. Rooms: The place is listed as Non-smoking rooms (thank god!), and they did a good job there. My room smelt clean. Mine had Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Blackout curtains - all the usual suspects. Free Wi-Fi promised? Absolutely, and it was good! In all rooms! That's definitely a win in my book. No more squinting and wandering desperately through the lobby in search of a signal. You know, the usual. Internet [LAN] available, too. I am not sure who would use that, though.

My room also included the Coffee/tea maker. That, my friends, is a godsend. I'm not a morning person, and needing to go downstairs for coffee before my caffeine-fueled awakening is a disaster waiting to happen.

A Little Rant About the Room: Look, the Closet was fine. The Ironing facilities were there. All the essentials checked off the list. But the Mirror in the bathroom? Tiny. I felt like I was looking into a funhouse mirror for a bit there. And, honestly, the Safe was one of the old-school ones.

Oh! And the Additional toilet would have been great, but, alas, in my room, that one didn't exist. Still, the Towels were fluffy, and the Toiletries were decent.

Food, Glorious Food! (And My Near-Disaster)

Now, for the most important part: the food! I. LOVE. FOOD. And Hotel Malon promises to deliver. Breakfast [buffet] and Breakfast service are available! So, I went for it, expecting a continental breakfast, but, no, the buffet was surprisingly expansive! Everything from the Asian breakfast with an Asian cuisine section, to bacon and eggs for us "westerners". Coffee/tea in restaurant? You betcha. Their Coffee shop was a lifesaver.

Restaurants, Restaurants, Restaurants: They had Restaurants and what looked like an A la carte in restaurant. They also listed a Vegetarian restaurant (awesome for my friend who's off the meat!). So, the choices were great.

The Near-Disaster: So, the first night, I, in my infinite wisdom, decided to order Room service [24-hour]. After a long day running around, I was famished. I ordered a burger. Now, bear with me, because this is where things got touchy. They brought up my burger in good time. "Perfect!", I thought. Then… boom. It turns out, I had forgotten to ask for the bun to be kept entirely off. I'm allergic to flour (it was in the bun). I'm a total idiot, I know, but, hey, it happens. The server, bless his heart, was mortified. He ran back down and got me something else that wasn't on the menu. And, most importantly, he was kind. Big points for excellent customer service! So that was a win. Honestly, the food (when I got it right) was pretty good.

Ways to Relax (and My Near-Sauna Meltdown)

Okay, let's talk relaxation. This hotel has a Pool with view, a Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool - the works! They even have a Fitness center if you're into the exercise thing.

So, I decided to be extra at the spa! I went for a Body scrub. That was awesome. And then went to the Sauna. That was the best. I mean, truly, the best. Maybe too much sun? That steam room was hot. So, okay, the Pool with view was gorgeous. The water sparkles. I also tried the Massage, which was lovely.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Covid Considerations (and My Slight Paranoia)

Let's be real, we're all still thinking about that dreaded C-word. I appreciated the Anti-viral cleaning products, the Daily disinfection in common areas, the Hand sanitizer everywhere, and the Staff trained in safety protocol. They even had Safe dining setup. However, and this is just me being a nervous nelly, I did catch myself side-eying everyone at breakfast. That doesn't mean the hotel did anything wrong, but I'm just saying… I'm a little done with the germ-phobia. (I opted out of my room sanitization because I didn't even know that was a thing you could do.)

Things to Do (Besides Panic About Bubonic Plague):

The Stuff to do section is pretty solid. They have a Bar (obviously), a Snack bar, and something called Happy Hour. They also do Poolside bar which is always a good option.

Services and Conveniences (The Useful and the Not-So-Useful)

Alright, let's talk about the services available. They offered Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center

  • Concierge: Helpful! The concierge pointed me in the right direction when I had no f*****ing clue where I was.
  • Lounges?
  • Business Facilities: Not to me, but I'm not working in a hotel, so not so useful.
  • Currency exchange? Good one to be there.

For the Kids (Because, Well, You Never Know)

They had Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal - so it's definitely a good choice if you have the little ones.

Getting Around

They offered Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.

Final Verdict: Is It Paradise? (Probably Not, But It's Pretty Good)

Look, Escape to Paradise: Hotel Malon Belgium Awaits! isn't the perfect hotel. It has its quirks. I almost got food poisoning. I completely messed up the accessibility part. But, overall, it's a solid choice. The staff are lovely, the food is delicious (mostly!), the spa is divine, and the Wi-Fi is strong.

So, would I recommend it? Yes, but with a few caveats. If you're looking for a place to relax, eat well, have a few drinks and unwind, then you should totally book.

Here's my sales pitch, straight from the heart, because that's how I roll:

Tired of ordinary escapes? Craving a REAL getaway? Then pack your bags and escape to Escape to Paradise: Hotel Malon Belgium Awaits! We're not just offering a hotel; we're offering an experience. Picture this: waking up in a luxurious room, diving into a delicious breakfast, hitting the spa for a massage so good it'll melt your stress away. Savoring flavors at the local restaurants. If you

Escape to Paradise: The View Boutique Hotel & Spa, South Africa Awaits

Book Now

Hotel Malon Belgium

Alright, buckle up buttercups! This isn't your sterile, perfectly-planned itinerary. This is a journey through the delightful (and occasionally disastrous) depths of my stay at Hotel Malon, Belgium. Prepare for rambles, rants, and probably a few too many exclamation marks. Consider yourself warned.

Day 1: Arrival & Initial Confusion (and the "Thing" with the Keycard)

  • Morning (Brussels Airport): Landed, bleary-eyed, after a flight that felt approximately the length of eternity. Brussels Airport? Beautiful chaos. Apparently, my luggage decided to take a scenic route via Iceland. Fantastic. (Also, why are Belgian waffles so good?! I swear, one bite and I'm already contemplating a life of waffle-based hedonism).

  • Afternoon (Hotel Malon - Initial Impressions): Finally, finally, arrived at Hotel Malon. Cute place, honestly. Quaint. Like a Flemish painting come to life. The lobby smelled faintly of old wood and something vaguely floral (roses? Grandma’s perfume? Who knows!). Check-in was… interesting. Let's just say the front desk attendant and I had a significant misunderstanding about the keycard instructions. I'm pretty sure I spent a good ten minutes wrestling with the door, feeling increasingly idiotic. Eventually, a sympathetic cleaning lady saved me (bless her heart!).

  • Evening (Exploring the Area - Procrastination Edition): Okay, so I was supposed to go explore the town. Instead, I collapsed on the bed, devoured a bag of Belgian chocolate (priorities!), and promptly fell into a nap so deep, I'm pretty sure I dreamt in Flemish. Woke up at 9 pm, starving. Found a fantastic little bistro around the corner, where I had the best steak frites of my existence. The kind of steak frites that makes you question all your previous life choices.

  • Late Evening (Keycard Debacle Round 2): Guess what? The keycard AGAIN. Seriously, Hotel Malon, we need to have a talk. This time, I was locked out at 11 pm, rain pouring, and feeling like a complete, utter fool. Thankfully, a very amused night porter finally let me back in. We bonded over our mutual hatred of technology.

Day 2: A Day Devoted to Chocolate (and Mild Existential Dread)

  • Morning (Chocolate EVERYTHING): Okay, so the lack of luggage finally caught up with me. Time to buy an outfit. So I went to the famous chocolate store. Heaven. Pure, unadulterated chocolate heaven. Boxes upon boxes of the good stuff. I bought enough to feed a small army. No regrets. (Also, is it normal to feel a surge of pure joy when you buy a chocolate truffle shaped like a tiny, grumpy bear?)

  • Late Morning (The Town Square - The Perfect Picture: I decided to focus on the town square, it was beautiful. Now, I'd be lying if I said I didn't spend a good hour trying to get the perfect photo of the Grand Place. The buildings are majestic (so majestic!), but the light was all wrong. The pigeons kept photobombing me. And I'm pretty sure I annoyed every tourist within a five-mile radius. (Note to self: invest in a better camera and a healthy dose of patience).

  • Afternoon (The Artful Side): Found a tiny, absolutely charming little art gallery tucked away on a cobblestone street. The paintings? Beautiful, brooding, and made me feel vaguely melancholic. One particular painting of a woman staring out a window… it just got to me. Started contemplating the meaning of life, the fleeting nature of beauty, and whether I should just move to Belgium and become a painter. (Spoiler alert: I'm not a painter).

  • Evening (The Belgian Beer Conundrum): Okay, so this is where things get fuzzy. I had an ambitious plan to sample a wide variety of Belgian beers. I did. Maybe a little too enthusiastically. Let's just say the "afterglow" lasted well into the next day. I vaguely remember singing (badly) in the bar, attempting to speak Flemish (horrifically), and making a questionable late-night snack run. The details, thankfully, remain somewhat blurred.

Day 3: The Cathedral and A Lost Sock (and My Existential Meltdown)

  • Morning (The Cathedral - Humbling: I decided to visit the town's cathedral, my head pounding slightly. Wow. Just… wow. Massive, gothic, breathtaking. It made me feel small, insignificant, and incredibly humbled. Spent a good hour just wandering around, soaking it all in. And then, as I was leaving, I realized… I was missing a sock. Just one sock. This perfectly encapsulates my life, doesn't it?

  • Afternoon (The Park - A Moment of Calm): Found a park, a calming oasis full of trees and flowers. Sat on a bench, ate some of my leftover chocolate (because, again, priorities), and tried to pull myself together. Watched the locals go by, feeling a sense of quiet contentment. It was nice. For the first time, I really felt like I was in Belgium, not just at Belgium.

  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening (The Hotel Malon - Farewell, Keycards!): Packed my bags. Had a final, slightly awkward chat with the front desk staff (don’t worry, I mastered that keycard this time!). The hotel, surprisingly, grew on me. It’s a bit eccentric, a bit imperfect. Just like me, I guess.

  • Evening (Departure - With Chocolate!): Off to the airport, armed with enough chocolate to bribe the entire flight crew. Belgium, you beautiful, slightly-chaotic place. You challenged me, frustrated me, fed me delicious things, and gave me plenty of material for a hilariously messy itinerary. I'll miss you (and your chocolate).

Reflections:

This trip wasn't perfect, and it wasn't always pretty. There were hiccups, hangovers, and the occasional feeling of utter bewilderment. But it was real. It was human. And somehow, it was absolutely brilliant. Belgium, you have officially stolen a piece of my heart (and a large portion of my luggage!). Until next time… and may my keycard woes be forever banished!

Germany's Pension Paradise: Picco-Bello & Your Golden Years Await!

Book Now

Hotel Malon Belgium

Okay, so let's be real: Is checking in actually… easy? Or is it like, a Belgian bureaucracy death match?

Alright, buckle up, buttercup. Checking in? At Hotel Malon? It's less "smooth sailing" and more "slightly bewildered tourist navigating a language barrier whilst desperately needing a caffeine fix." My experience? Let’s just say it involved a passport that *may* have briefly gone missing inside the… well, never mind. Let's just say the front desk person, a lovely woman with a perpetually raised eyebrow (I swear, I think it's a Belgian thing), seemed to have seen it all. She was totally unfazed by my frantic waving (that was probably the caffeine withdrawal kicking in). Eventually, after some charades involving my name, my booking confirmation, and a desperate plea using what I hoped was my best attempt at French (turns out, it was closer to pigeon), I was *in*. So, easy? Define "easy." It's an adventure. Embrace it! And bribe the person at the front desk with a chocolate – you can thank me later.

The pictures online… dreamy. The reality…? Are the rooms actually charming, or did someone Photoshop the heck out of those photos?

Oh, the pictures. The promises! Look, the rooms are…fine. Okay, they’re charming in the sense that my grandma’s attic is charming. By ‘charming’ I mean, "potentially haunted by the ghost of a Victorian spinster." The decor is…let’s call it "eclectic." There might be a slightly wonky chandelier. There *will* be a distinct lack of USB charging ports (bring an adapter – trust me). My bathroom? Tiny. And the shower? Well, let's just say I mastered the art of not flooding the entire bathroom with the force of a gentle breeze. BUT! There's a certain…authenticity to it, you know? It's not some cookie-cutter, sterile hotel room. It has character. And that slightly-off-kilter charm? It grows on you. Or maybe it's the Belgian beer talking… hard to say. Honestly, I went back and reread the reviews -- and boy, did some of them get the 'authentic' bit -- and yeah, there were some serious grumbles. But the view (if you get a good one) can be worth the slight… quirks.

Breakfast: Is it a continental dream or a croissant-shaped nightmare? Spill the beans (or, you know, the scrambled eggs).

Breakfast at Hotel Malon… is a mixed bag. The coffee? Pretty darn good, actually. The croissants? Well, they’re definitely croissants. The spread? Basic but solid. You’ve got your cheeses, your meats (mostly cold cuts, but hey, it's Belgium!), some fruit that *might* be fresh (depending on the day – I'm not sure which one I visited). The scrambled eggs? Ah, those are the stuff of legend. I got there late one morning (thanks to my penchant for "just one more beer" the night before), they were…well, let's just say they resembled something a small child might have created with playdough. But the staff were lovely. Very patient. And you know what? Even the slightly… textured eggs felt like part of the whole experience. It’s not the Ritz, folks. But it's *breakfast*. And in Belgium, breakfast is a serious business.

Okay, so what's there to *do* in Malon? (Besides, obviously, eating waffles.) Is it interesting or is it... well, *not*?

Malon… is… well, it's not exactly Times Square. Let's just put it that way. It’s a quiet little town, which, depending on your mood, is either a blessing or a curse. I came here to get away from the chaos, so for me, it was a blessing. There's a lovely park, a charming church (I think?), and a few little cafes where you can sit and watch the world go by (mostly, locals). The surrounding countryside is beautiful, perfect for a bike ride (if you're into that sort of thing - I'm not, personally). You can get to other cities by train or bus. But really, part of the charm of Malon is its… well, it's its lack of overwhelming "stuff." It's a place to slow down, soak it in, and maybe… just maybe… discover the unexpected. Just don't expect a buzzing nightlife or adrenaline-pumping activities. Unless you consider searching for the perfect Belgian chocolate a high-octane sport, that is. Because that, my friend, is a pursuit worth taking seriously.

Was the hotel good value for the money? Did you feel like you got ripped off?!

Okay, pricing. This is a tough one. Honestly? It’s… reasonable. Not dirt cheap, but definitely not a luxury splurge. It depends on *when* you go, of course. Peak season? You're gonna pay. But off-season? You might get a steal. I felt like I got decent value, considering the location and the… “character” of the hotel. You’re not paying for brand-new everything, you’re paying for the experience. And that, my friends, is priceless. Or, you know, the price of a hotel room. Still, I kept going back and forth in my head about this! The cost of the room vs the experience. Was it worth it... I really think it depends on the way someone is looking for their holiday to go.

Any other quirks, tips, or, you know, *horror stories* we need to know about? Spill the beans!

Oh, you want *quirks*? Buddy, you came to the right place. Okay, here’s a good one: The elevator. It’s…small. And slow. Like, comically slow. I swear, it stopped between floors once, and I had a full-blown existential crisis while waiting. Fortunately, it resumed its (glacial) ascent eventually. Tip: Take the stairs if you can. Unless you're on, like, the fifth floor. In which case, pack a book (or maybe a whole library). And *definitely* don’t panic. Also, the Wi-Fi. It exists. Sometimes. Don't plan on streaming Netflix in your room. Embrace the digital detox and stare at the wonky chandelier instead. It's a more engaging experience, I promise. And one last thing: Learn a few basic French phrases. Even if you butcher them (like I did), the locals will appreciate the effort. And then… get ready for a truly memorable trip! You’ve been warned. (In the best possible way.)

Stay While You Wander

Hotel Malon Belgium

Hotel Malon Belgium